Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day #144

Saturday is becoming Armed Forces Day.

This is 4 letters to soldiers who wanted more word from home, plus a postcard to go into a book for a soldier. There is also a penpal letter in the batch.

The afternoon brought only one PostCrossing card, which initially I lost, but fortunately found again, so I could register it with PostCrossing.


Dear PostCrossing. I have received a post card from Buffalo, but I have lost it and so I cannot register it. All I know is that it was mailed to me from someone in Buffalo, New York.

Dear Beverly:For Postcrossing to be able to help you finding an unknown ID, including lost postcards the only way is submit all the information you have about the postcard. The more information you provide about the postcard, the easiest and quickest it will be to find the correct ID.

Give us lots of information like:

- the date or numbers or town on the postmark (even if it doesn't make sense to you)

-the parts of the ID you can read (even if it is only one number)

- what the picture on the front of the postcard is including any words

- if the sender says anything about themself or their town/area.

- their name or if you can't work it out even just the first initial of the name

When we find the correct ID through this system, we will send you an email with it and it will appear on your 'received postcards' section so that you can register it afterwards.

Dear PostCrossing: Please reread my letter. I DON'T HAVE THE POSTCARD IN MY HAND!!! i HAVE LOST THE POSTCARD. It was addressed to Beverly Sykes, [address] Davis, CA 95616 and it came from Buffalo, NY but that is all that I can tell you.

Dear Beverly: For Postcrossing to be able to help you finding an unknown ID, including lost postcards the only way is submit all the information you have about the postcard. If you don't have much information, fine.

And you don't have to shout.

Dear PostCrossing: ARRGGGHHHH!


2 comments:

  1. You don't have to shout? Like they don't have to read your email, I guess. How frustrating. So glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete