Friday, July 8, 2011

Day #91

I left the house at 5:30 a.m. today to drive to my mother's house, pick her up, and go with her to a funeral about 2 hours south of San Francisco. By the time I got home, it was after 9 p.m., so needless to say I did not write any outgoing mail today.

But incoming more than made up for it.


First there was the sad notification that my sponsored child Victor, in Bolivia, has been removed from the program. I'm sad about that.

Also in the mail were a card from a person in Oklahoma who found my name while looking for people who like to write letters and decided to write to me (ironically she lives in a town that I've actually visited in Oklahoma). There was a Swap-Bot postcard from someone listing for me things that make her happy. There was a Swap-Bot package filled with wonderful dog-themed things. And there was a letter from a pen pal in Florida.

A very nice way to return home from a funeral! (There was also a wonderful package of mail-related stuff that I ordered from The Frantic Meerkat)

No comments:

Post a Comment