Friday, March 25, 2011

Day #7

My first two pen pal letters arrived today.

1. Danette, a 51 year old woman from Arkansas, who seems to have lived just about everywhere in her 51 years--and who was born just a few miles from here in Stockton (where my mother was born)
2. Sandra, a 66 year old woman from Rotterdam, in the Netherlands, who included a post card of a tulip field

I spent a lot of time looking at web sites and discovered Send Something and ended up sending a postcard and a letter to Andrea somewhere in the United States and Sandra, in England, I think.

I also sent letters to Compassion Kids Anjali in India and Briana in Haiti. I included tiny little books of Native American paper dolls for each.

I had to go to the Post Office today to get more international stamps. At $1 each, the letters (and especially the international post cards) become a bit precious...but it's worth it.

I'm realizing that if I'm going to start getting more letters, I have to decide what I'm going to do with them. I am the sort of person who can't really throw away something like this, especially not at the beginning. I am also drowning in detritus, but I must give some thought to this! Perhaps a binder is the way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment